Monday, February 29, 2016

Background

My purpose in starting this blog is trifold: 1) that I keep record of my beginning, goals set and journey to my destination. 2) as I journey; to record how Jesus has been with me in every step. 3) to help others that have had the same battle and desperately look for hope!

In The Beginning

1986---I had emergency surgery and within the first week of recovery became infected throughout my abdomen and the next 3 months went through SEVERAL different antibiotics trying to clear up the infection til finally one was found that did work. One night in the 4th month after surgery, I experienced such an obsessive thirst that I drank a half gallon of milk! I mentioned it to a close friend and she urged me to see a doctor and have my blood sugar checked. I did and was immediately put in the hospital with a glucose level of 386! Thus started my "adventure". Over the next 9 years I experienced improper instruction on insulin usage, being berated by doctors and LOTS of frustration and crying out to God.  Then a small light did appear. (although it seemed far far away)  My future posts will continue my journey.

I will try to post as regular as possible. Please feel free to send me comment and/or questions on my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment